Thursday, May 04, 2006

Secret Pal Answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love the merino from 100purewool (ebay seller.) I'm not a big fan of novelty yarns or acrylic in general.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a Denise set and then just some dpns that live in a side pocket in my knitting bag. Nothing special.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've only been knitting about 1.5 years but am probably on the intermediate or above level. Just about every project I try and learn something new.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I am addicted to the orange creamsickle smell -- I've never found any bath products like that and the candle company stopped making it. :( But I like anything citrus-y.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I have a huge sweet tooth. I love chocolate -- Junior Mints are the current fave.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I'm taking a spinning class this June so that's definitely on the horizon. I'm thinking of taking up crochet too. Other hobbies include photography and scrapbooking (but that's really just to document my children's lives). I am an avid gardener.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have very varied music tastes -- from dancehall to blues to modern rock. I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I am currently in love with blue and brown together, as well as pink and orange. I love strong colors. Really, just no beige/taupe/mauve/peach.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married with two children, a 3.5 year old son and a 3 month old daughter. I have 4 obnoxious cats and 1 huge mutt of a dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

In Cleveland we are fond of our cold weather gear! Though I don't think I'm the poncho type. (But I do have a cape!)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I really like knitting stuff for my kids -- I can try out new stuff and still have a quick sense of accomplishment. Mainly I knit stuff to wear.

13. What are you knitting right now?

I am making the Drop-Stitch Cardigan from the Fall 05 IK for me!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer circular needles. I knit mainly with my Denise set -- I haven't explored much outside of that. I do know I don't like metal DPNs.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I own both.

17. How did you learn to knit?

From the SnB book and online videos.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

I don't have any. If I don't like it I frog it.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Any of the summer ones -- 4th of July, or Labor Day. Really I just like having outdoor parties and they are a good excuse.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Nothing besides yarn.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to IK. I am looking to get One Skein and Mason Dixon Knitting but I may order them soon. :) I love Lornas Laces but have never bought any.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Oh, I'm always looking for something new. I think spinning is going to be my next technique.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am not yet a sock knitter. Though I do have some yarn in my stash awaiting the day.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

June 26th

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks for getting this posted!