Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday's not until next Monday, but here is my early present:



And a close-up:



Obviously, beginning spinning was a hit. It's a Louet S15 that the instructor was selling off for $75. It's been in a middle school classroom so it could definitely use a new finish, but otherwise works fine. Especially considering a new one is 5x that price.

My first skein:



Ugly, isn't it? This is the stuff I'm working on now, I'm trying to keep myself to 15 minutes/day while the munchkins rest or otherwise I'd do it all the time.



I have the wheel going in the right direction and am getting better at drafting thinner fiber but I'm still putting way too much twist on it. I'll have 5 minutes of not wonky yarn and then it all goes to hell and I don't know what I'm doing different. But, as I have a fleece (Tunis) coming I'm sure I'll be better after spinning 4 lbs of roving. :0

No comments: