Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tomorrow Should Be a Good Yarn Day

Both my MCY yarn (for Clapotis) and my KnitPicks (for my mother's vest and my aunt's bag) order should be here. Yay!

Annoyed with Branching Out, or rather annoyed with myself and depressed about having to pick up stitches, last night I cleaned out my knitting bag. In doing so I found some Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Worsted that I was given as part of my knitting class a few months ago. I forgot how much I love this yarn. It is so soft and dreamy to work with. For something to do while watching the Browns game I started the Umbilical Cord from SnB. Of course when I was down to the last 4 stitches I managed to drop them and then had to frog down to before the decreases. I picked up the stitches and then went to bed. This morning I finished the hat. Of course it will be too big for the baby (even though I got gauge) but I blocked it big and I think it will work for the munchkin. I'm going to make another for Baby Cashew.

No comments: