Saturday, August 06, 2005

A Night by Ourselves

Last night our munchkin spent the night at his grandparents' house. We didn't have anything specifically planned, we just want to get him used to the idea as we're going on a two-night trip to Toronto in October (to see Dead Can Dance!) Anyway, we went out to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". While I didn't love the movie (I hated the original -- too mean) I loved the stylization and colors. Very similar to my like of "A Clockwork Orange".

One benefit of not having a little person around would be sleeping in, or so you would think. Instead, it turns out I'm trained to wake up half-way through the night and need to move into little man's bed before I can return to sleep. And then, I wake up at 6:30. Sigh. I was able to doze until 8:30 but it's just not the same as deep sleep.

On a knitting note, I have started Branching Off and have yet to finish the damn satchel. That strap is just really boring -- 65" of stockinette. And I ordered more yarn for the Babywearer. I have issues.

No comments: