Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Not Much Knitting

The upcoming release of HP has had me in a reading mood. I finished the OotP and then read Artemis Fowl today for some fun. Not HP, but a fun light read. It only took a couple of hours (those are toddler watching hours -- a slightly different time continuum.)

I haven't done much more knitting than in the last post. I need to get that damn sweater back finished. I'm not quite sure why I'm excited because next I'll be casting on for the front and 20+ inches of black knitting.

One nice thing about knitting is it gives me the ability to sit still long enough to watch a movie. The other night I watched House of Flying Daggers and loved it. This genre of movie is my favorite, so it's no surprise that I liked it. It was wonderfully romantic and heartbreaking. (And Chris says it has the best 15 minute fight scene ending ever.) I also rewatched Amelie. Unfortunately, having listened to the soundtrack well over a thousand times (munchkin-man's sleepy-time music) has slightly ruined the movie for me. I still love it but I cringe at the parts where the music stands out. We currently have Life Aquatic out and Aviator, though the latter is for Chris.

No comments: