Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Good Reads

As part of my efforts to lose the baby weight (as well as the begin-desk-job-weight, and the going-off-anti-depressant-weight) I have been exercising pretty regularly. I aim for 1000 minutes a month and have been averaging around 1100+ minutes a month. The best part is that I've found time to read! I aim for 15 minutes every morning and evening and it's easy as pie (he he) to get it done.

For whatever reason I've mostly been reading non-fiction. So far I've tackled:

Dale Carnegie's Lifetime Plan for Success A good classic read on what motivates people.

Kicked, Bitten, and Scratched: Life and Lessons at the World's Premier School for Exotic Animal Trainers and Cookoff: Recipe Fever in America both by Amy Sutherland. Once I let go of trying to keep everyone straight I really enjoyed both of these.

Rumspringa: To Be or Not to Be Amish by Tom Shachtman is a little dry at times but is a very interesting look at adolescence in America.

The Wealthy Barber by David Chilton. Your basic investment guide wrapped up in bad prose. Blah. Skip it.

I have some fiction waiting for me at the library. I'll report on those soon.

No comments: