Saturday, August 05, 2006

Gold Finches & Honey Bees

Ever since reading Hanna's post about the dearth of honey bees in our area I've been on a search to find some. Finally, I found them or rather they found the Crape Myrtle.







It is much more difficult to photograph a honey bee than you would imagined. This is partially due to the close-up combined with an older digital camera, but magnified by the fact that those little buggers move. They are nothing at all like the passive bumble bees that fall asleep as they gather nectar on the Rhodie and Sedum.

Next up are two Golden Finches that have taken to balancing on my Verbena. This is the first year I've seen them in my garden.



And lastly, the backyard in morning light. Unfortunately I can't seem to find children's furniture in a not-so-obvious color. The garden tours will have to wait until after the children are done with Little Tikes.

No comments: