Friday, January 05, 2007

My first FO of 2007



Irish Hiking Scarf made with 3 skeins of KnitPicks Swish Superwash in the Fired Brick colorway. Despite having almost the amout of yards called for this is a bit too short (it is longer than it looks in the pic as it's wrapped around his neck twice) -- 53 inches after blocking. I'm not in love with the yarn even though it held up well in the wash. It's probably great for kid items but it just felt too plastic-y for my knitting enjoyment. I also didn't realize that *everyone* was making this pattern for the Red Scarf Project. Oh well.

Not too much else going on in the knitting department. I did receive some great gifts from my SnB pals (or knitting friends as JCC calls them) and spent my time filling a new notebook with a list of all my knitting books and what patterns I want to make from them. For actual knitting I've been cranking out felted moc slippers.

Otherwise we've just been living our normal life of playdates, parks and chores. I feel very busy with our rather relaxed life and can't imagine what it would be like to have a job outside the home or school with which to contend. We are very blessed to be able to enjoy the non-hurried life.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

Happy New Year!

very cute scarf - I liked hearing your opinions on the swish. I haven't felt it yet but I've been very tempted to buy it several times...