Thursday, May 26, 2005

CTS has got me down

I had forgotten that one of the worst things for me about being pregnant is that my carpal tunnel syndrome in my right arm flares up. When I was pregnant with my son I was working as a programmer and it was horrific -- sharp pains would shoot up my neck during the night and it would randomly go numb. After undergoing a grueling armpit massage at my chiropractor (I was crying) it all went away.

So anyway, over the past week I am getting pains shooting up my forearm and into my shoulder. Not nearly as bad as last time, but bad enough to keep me away from knitting. I had even changed to Continental style a month ago to prevent any CTS isses, but it seems it doesn't matter. I am going to try accupuncture on Saturday in hopes of avoiding the dreaded lymph massage.

No comments: