Sunday, November 12, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Today we've been married for 7 years, together for 10.5 years. Amazing! We celebrated today with a pizza from Deweys after spending yesterday bumming around sans children. We spent our time drinking coffee, eating Italian food, looking at books and buying electronic equipment. This was commonplace pre-children behavior which we spent a considerable amount of time indulging in in our two-income, no kids world. Now it's a treat.

We bought an ipod holder/FM transmitter thingee for our car but it doesn't seem to be working. Chris is going to give it another try and then if it doesn't work I'm going to exchange it for a simpler creation and two iTunes card. I've decided that an iTunes card, an hour in peace to browse for music, a latte and a piece of chocolate cake is the perfect Melinda gift!! I did stumble upon a Roomba yesterday and I'm in love. (Chris says he's read hacks for them -- what the hell can you hack a vacuum to do???) I am asking for a vacuum for the holidays -- what a strange world I inhabit. I am lusting over this thing.

Before JCC I couldn't care less how our house looked but now that my world revolves around it I spend a considerable amount of time thinking I should vacuum. 3 times a week just doesn't cut it when you have one of these:



Please notice the tufts of fur hanging off of him. We think he is part German Shepherd part Chow Chow. The glory of this is that it means he both sheds constantly like a Shepherd and blows his coat twice a year like a Chow. Nice. And lately he's had a bad case of the itchies and the vet diagnosed him with allergies. So now we have to treat our dog for allergies in addition to the other family members.

And yes this is another post with no knitting content -- bwah ha ha. In fact I am procrastinating knitting by writing this. ;)

4 comments:

Laura said...

congratulations, melinda! :)

do you have any idea what the dog is allergic to? could it be something he is eating? i shudder to think what might be involved in treating allergies in a dog. (injections? prescription drugs?)

Sourire11 said...

Happy anniversary!!!

btw. I love deweys... I used to eat it all the time when I lived in Cincinnati... It was a happy, happy day when I heard they were opening one here!

Knittymama said...

Happy Anniversary!

Keep us posted about thr Rhoomba. I've been wanting one, but curious to see how they work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like it was a perfect day.