Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm Feeling Strangely Domestic

I feel a bit like a 50s housewife today -- I made some cloth napkins, picked apart a chicken carcass to make chicken salad and organized my cookbooks. Most of this is inspired by my mother's visit -- she bought fabric and made us some table cloths and matching napkins. Our table has not held up well to the rigors of small children and looks vastly improved with its bright covers.

I do own a sewing machine (bought many years ago in a fit of who knows what) but had never broke it out of its box. Before I put it away again I figured I had better sew up the remaining fabric or it would languish un-cut until I purged my craft supplies. They don't look great (corners are blah) but they are usable. I would like to make a few more things -- pillows for our bed, curtains for the kids' room and hopefully this will inspire me.

In baby news, ACC is one month old today! The month flew by -- and she slept through most of it. She is such a different child than the little boy. I have spent a considerable portion of his 3.5 years trying to get him to sleep and with her I spend time trying to keep her awake. Let hope she continues her low needs status, it frees up time for the high needs one.

No comments: